Saturday, February 2, 2013

Fried Teriyaki Tofu


Oh boy! Doesn't that look delicious?  Well trust me, it is! This is one of those meals that when I get home and need a super quick crispy fix, this is my go to guy! I absolutely love this crisp coating of the tofu while enjoying the sweet, yet savory flavor of the teriyaki sauce. Trust me, if you love Asian, you'll love this!  This is how I did it.

Fried Teriyaki

Ingredients:
Firm or extra firm tofu
Teriyaki sauce or marinade
Flour, about 1/4c
2 Tbs sliced scallions
1 Tbs toasted sesame seeds

First I fill the bottom of a shallow fry pan with grape seed oil. While it's getting nice and hot, slice the tofu into one inch pieces and dredge in flour.  Fry each side for a few minutes until nice and golden brown. Drain slightly on paper towels and then plate them.  Drizzle with teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds.  Now isn't that easy peasy? Heck yea! Enjoy immediately while hot and crispy. (I sure did!)

No comments:

Post a Comment